CharacterWorks version 2.5 is out, with several powerful new features aimed specifically at sports broadcasters, along with many general enhancements and fixes.
Drive game scores using the Grid Controller! Define expressions (simple mathematical formulas) to manipulate Key-Value data source cells in every imaginable way, and activate those expression in real-time CW Behaviours.
Independent, unlimited, fully-customizable timers, controllable via the Grid Controller, within Key-Value data source cells. Automate and cascade timers and graphics via timer events and the CW Behaviour system.
Data Change Events
Track changes in Key-Value data source cells via events. Trigger animations automatically each time a specific data source cell changes.
Major Improvements and Fixes
- Key-Value Data Source now supports custom cell placement and undo for user modifications.
- Right-click menu alternatives for many drag’n-drop operations (assigning behaviours and events, TriCaster macros, etc.).
- Improved support for complex text layout languages (i.e. Thai, Indian, Arabic, etc.).
- Several new presets, sample layers and projects in the Library.
- Twitter data source editor now requires users to login using their Twitter account and authorize CW for Twitter access.