New Data Sources
- The new Bloomberg Access license option enables the BLP Data Source for real-time financial data retrieval from Bloomberg Professional Services.
- The Key-Value data source is now capable of receiving Daktronics RTD streams over UDP or serial connection.
- Support for WebSocket data connections has been added to the Key-Value data source. Two formats are currently recognized: CW’s own Key-Value data format and the Equipe ATU Connector output.
- XQuery processor for the XML/JSON data source now provides a new built-in function for easy Google Sheets API v4 connection setup.
Data Source Improvements
- The new Safe Editing button provides finer control over the data source update mechanism, making it possible to choose speed over safety when doing manual data source updates.
- Data Editor UI now offers new single and dual selection modes that employ radio-buttons to make it easier and quicker to determine which data rows are to be included in the data set.
- ODBC queries are now handled by independent child processes, isolating query execution from CW operation for improved performance and shielding from problematic ODBC driver implementations.
Text Layer Improvements
- New vertical layout modes, vertical-left-to-right and vertical-right-to-left, have been added, the latter being particularly useful for displaying traditional writing in East Asian scripts, such as Japanese and Korean.
- A new CWML child selector mode, called sign, performs child layer selection based on the sign of the data item numeric value (e.g. display up/down arrow to show if a value increased/decreased).
- Live Source audio gain (volume) can be controlled via a newly-added slider.
- The UV Add material block performs weighted addition of two input UV sets, making it possible to implement flow-map-like visual effects.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- NDI has been upgraded to version 5.0.
- Adobe CC Fonts are now supported.
- Several new sample projects, templates and presets have been added. New samples include esports, tennis, basketball, soccer, 9ball pool, economy, news channel and more …