The new release of CharacterWorks, version 1.1.18, is finally here, with exciting new features, lots of fixes and improvements.
See below for an incomplete list. As always, we greatly value your opinions and feedback. Let us hear about your experiences with CW!
- Video: It is now possible to import video files into CW. Video files work with CW’s real-time materials and effects in exactly the same way as images and image sequences.
- DeckLink Input Capture: With this option, live video capture from DeckLink cards can be used as input to CW layers through materials and effects, just like video files.
- Keyframe References: Keyframe times can be referenced to layer sections or points. Using this feature, presets can automatically adapt to layer temporal structure, without editing.
- Message Log: The Message Log stores detailed information, warning and error messages related to all operations.
Major Improvements and Fixes:
- New Image Layer creation mode for streamlined Footage import and layer creation.
- Drag’n-drop support for common CWML creation scenarios.
- Smoother frame rates in the editor view. Renderer optimizations. Performance improvements for GPU image streaming.
- Usability and performance improvements for XML and ODBC data sources.
- More robust transform pipeline that fully supports non-uniform scaling.
- Password protection feature to prevent unwanted project modifications.
- New Material, Effect presets and new project files
Note: If you are a registered user and you have not received your download link by e-mail, please send us a message using the contact form.