This new release contains several new features, lots of improvements (see below for a partial list) and many fixes, provided free-of-charge to our existing customers (except the VideoWall option).
The Videowall Option
Drive large screens with CW’s dynamic, attractive graphics rendered at huge resolutions.
Take advantage of the new HDMI output capability with nVidia Mosaic setups, or use the new videowall output device that handles division of the large virtual display into multiple Decklink output devices.
In addition, the new “View” abstraction makes it easy to manage playback in multiple parts of a very large display area.
* Videowall options are sold separately and are not part of the free update.
Host graphics card monitor outputs (HDMI, DisplayPort) can now be used as output devices, with support for non-standard resolutions and frame rates, making it possible to use technologies such as nVidia Surround or nVidia Mosaic.
* Some limitations apply. Use of output resolutions with total number of pixels greater than 4K requires the purchase of the Videowall Standard or Videowall Pro license options.
Automatic Font Selection for Text Layers
Text layers now support automatic switching between alternate fonts in case the dynamic content does not fit within the specified maximum layer size.
Multiple font alternatives can be specified, with completely different values for family, style and size settings. CW will try each font until it finds a font with which the content fits in the text area.
Improved Data Source Workflows
The timing of layer content updates from linked data sources can now be controlled via behaviours with the UpdateFrom action.
Data sources are now capable of maintaining their selections in between query executions, based-on row ordering or a specified key column.
Furthermore, the new UnselectCurrent behaviour action performs modification of data source selection for simple sequential operation.
Support for Kazo Vision Ultra Score Scoreboards
Key-Value data sources can now receive real-time score data directly from Kazo Vision Ultra Score scoreboards over UDP.
Official Support for NDI 3.7
NDI 3.7 is now officially supported for improved image quality, performance and compatibility.
Major Improvements and Fixes
- Significant performance improvements have been made to the renderer, allowing more complex projects and higher output resolutions.
- The Live Source subsystem has received a major overhaul, resulting in more robust operation and support for more simultaneously active inputs.
- Support for right-to-left languages (Arabic, Urdu, etc.) has been improved.
- Twitter Data Source now supports tweets longer than 140 characters.
- New material/effect blocks and properties have been added.
- The XQuery engine has been replaced for higher stability and performance.
- The HTTP Remote Control protocol has been expanded with new layer listing capability and unique object identifier support.
- Several new sample projects, templates and presets have been added. New sports samples include volleyball, American football, e-sports.